League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Season

By jgcruz
1/07/2019 2:53 pm
Meatmen wrote:
GG Miami. I see now that this season is going to be another exercise in MFN frustration. It may take the rest of the season but I will figure it out. REALLY disgusted right now. Good luck the rest of the way. MM

Hang in there, MM. Once you get the offense moving, you'll be tough.

By jgcruz
1/07/2019 3:03 pm
CoachNorm wrote:
I'm getting more sick of my QB dumping it off to one of my HB's when I have receivers wide open in the middle of the field.

Don't quote me, but I believe I had something like 14 completions by my QB going into the half and only one was to a WR. Everything was HB/FB.

Couple of things you might try. A few more medium distance passes and keeping your backs in to block. Slight adjustments.

By GrandadB
1/07/2019 3:45 pm
jgcruz wrote:
CoachNorm wrote:
I'm getting more sick of my QB dumping it off to one of my HB's when I have receivers wide open in the middle of the field.

Don't quote me, but I believe I had something like 14 completions by my QB going into the half and only one was to a WR. Everything was HB/FB.

Couple of things you might try. A few more medium distance passes and keeping your backs in to block. Slight adjustments.

4.5 will be coming out, should be by the next season, with corrections to the QB decision making. Having DBs with good speed was important in the prev versions, but that has changed quite a bit in 4.4 and will continue with 4.5, where the B&R coverage attribute has increased in importance. In the meantime, with 4.4, you need a QB with high intell, throw mostly short passes, put a lot of speed and receiver skill at RB, same for TE, have a good run blocking OL, and review what is working as far as play selection for the top teams, especially when you scout them. As in 4.3 & earlier versions, there are a number of plays, both off & def, that are producing better results than others. And there are other plays, that were great previously, but are now not producing at all. HB Flare med pass for example.
Last edited at 1/07/2019 4:14 pm

By GrandadB
1/07/2019 3:48 pm
GG Lions, looks like 4.4 has been a very good fit for your roster, will need to make a few changes if the Pack is going to have a chance to get back into the hunt, we arent too far off but this game showed some weaknesses.

By Hellbringer
1/07/2019 6:08 pm
GG Raiders. Back to the drawing board

By Meatmen
1/07/2019 11:59 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Meatmen wrote:
GG Miami. I see now that this season is going to be another exercise in MFN frustration. It may take the rest of the season but I will figure it out. REALLY disgusted right now. Good luck the rest of the way. MM

Hang in there, MM. Once you get the offense moving, you'll be tough.

Thanks jgcruz to think last year at this time we were 4-0 and we finished 11-5 (in last place). yeah it always takes me longer to figure out the new versions and how to make my system fit in.

By jouameng
1/08/2019 6:41 pm
Good Game Tampa Bay!

By Hellbringer
1/09/2019 5:13 am
GG Giants, where did your offense go?

By Meatmen
1/09/2019 7:50 am
"Lovey Dovey" GG Panthers. MM