League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Season

By Beercloud
12/06/2018 5:53 pm
Androwski wrote:
Looking at my FA signings in Day 1 like...

lmao

By Beercloud
12/07/2018 11:12 am
Looks like the vets towards the end of their careers are getting paid this year. There was a lot of talented ones signed so far.

By Androwski
12/12/2018 4:26 pm
With the 24th pick in the 1977 Paydirt Draft, the Miami Dolphins select DT Roy Brewer from UCLA.

D-Line wasn't the primary position a wanted to address with my 1st round pick, but I always try to go BPA with the lowest volatily possible so Roy Brewer was my choice. He might be a bit small but with 76 speed, 69 acc and 85 pass rush, he can become a pass-rusher terror in the future.
Last edited at 12/13/2018 4:34 am

By GrandadB
12/12/2018 6:50 pm
Very pleased that WR Mumma dropped to me at the 28th pick, needed a 3rd WR starter, think he has a chance to do real well, even with 4.4

By Androwski
12/12/2018 6:58 pm
GrandadB wrote:
Very pleased that WR Mumma dropped to me at the 28th pick, needed a 3rd WR starter, think he has a chance to do real well, even with 4.4

7 WR's drafted in the 1st round. And there's still some elite prospects left. Impressive talent at the receiver position in this class.

By Beercloud
12/13/2018 6:56 pm
Round 2 is in the books. A pretty stout round for sure.
How much will round 3 produce?

By Meatmen
12/15/2018 2:13 am
Beercloud wrote:
Round 2 is in the books. A pretty stout round for sure.
How much will round 3 produce?

Didn't have a round 2 this season but it looks like almost everyone got some talent. The MFN football santa turned his gaze my way I got 2 players in round 3 and 4 that I did not expect to be there. MM

By Beercloud
12/18/2018 9:41 am
It's Camp time. The moment all you guru's wait for each off season.

There are so many interesting scenarios to see play out in this camp. I know KC and Carolina will be glued to their screens. I just had two leagues go through camp and one was awesome and the other was the worse bust ive ever had in MFN. Usually it's somewhere in between.

Anyways Good Luck tomorrow to all GM's.

By Meatmen
12/19/2018 12:33 am
Beercloud wrote:
It's Camp time. The moment all you guru's wait for each off season.

There are so many interesting scenarios to see play out in this camp. I know KC and Carolina will be glued to their screens. I just had two leagues go through camp and one was awesome and the other was the worse bust ive ever had in MFN. Usually it's somewhere in between.

Anyways Good Luck tomorrow to all GM's.

This goes against every rule I have set for myself since I learned the hard way as a newb almost 3 years ago. Don't ask me why I just had a feeling about this guy. I turned down a trade for two High VOL rookies just the day before. It's a risky business..and sometimes you just have to say What the F@!k! I have two seasons to make the playoffs might as well take a shot bc an 11-5 record should have been good enough for a wild card instead it landed me in (as Bearcloud put it) "last place". LOL Good luck to everyone. I know I will be checking very soon after the sim runs.

By Beercloud
12/22/2018 10:51 am
How did your rookies do in pre-season week one.

Camp aside, by PS week 4 you'll start to feel how a guy will perform. Good luck and keep those injuries to important players down but still work on their play familiarity. Such a fine balance. fun-fun-fun