League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Season

By Gustoon
1/04/2019 3:32 pm
Sorry Fellas, having a crazy busy time at work and home. GG everyone so far. We aim to be upsetting theAFCE this season ;)

By voegma
1/04/2019 6:29 pm
DJSim22 wrote:
GG Bengals, crazy how we have your number lately.

You don't have to tell me about it, trust me I already know.

By 50051139
1/04/2019 6:35 pm
voegma wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
GG Bengals, crazy how we have your number lately.

You don't have to tell me about it, trust me I already know.

care to share those numbers i could use them this week lol

By Androwski
1/04/2019 6:54 pm
Gustoon wrote:
Sorry Fellas, having a crazy busy time at work and home. GG everyone so far. We aim to be upsetting theAFCE this season ;)

By Hellbringer
1/04/2019 8:04 pm
GrandadB wrote:
GG ****/Falcons, needed that win after going ofer 2 losing both games by 1 on opposing teams last drives. Had a couple of moments where it was "Oh no, not again". Happy Bday Beer!

GG indeed. Very close on the stat sheet, except you were able to get a better yppp average than me. I gotta figure out how to get some deeper pass's in 4.4

By Wolveraider
1/04/2019 10:02 pm
Androwski wrote:
GG Raiders. I'm struggling to understand this 4.4 version. I can't get my offense going. It's a bit frustrating to see every QB check down to the RB in the flat 80% of the times. And my defense converts every single pass made by the opponent in a big gain. Time to try a different strategy with my gameplan.

And happy b-day Beercloud!

This could have been my post, right down to the Happy Birthday BC.....the only thing I would have added , this game specifically....my O-line was a sieve.

Good game Miami!
Last edited at 1/04/2019 10:03 pm

By Meatmen
1/05/2019 12:39 am
Wolveraider wrote:
Androwski wrote:
GG Raiders. I'm struggling to understand this 4.4 version. I can't get my offense going. It's a bit frustrating to see every QB check down to the RB in the flat 80% of the times. And my defense converts every single pass made by the opponent in a big gain. Time to try a different strategy with my gameplan.

And happy b-day Beercloud!

This could have been my post, right down to the Happy Birthday BC.....the only thing I would have added , this game specifically....my O-line was a sieve.

Good game Miami!

Me as well the first 3 weeks

By Beercloud
1/05/2019 12:00 pm
The Paydirt Report: Week 3

The Battle Royale game between Tampa Bay and San Diego was just that. It also received Game of the Week honors with an thrilling finish between these two powerhouses. Trailing 21-17, Tampa Bay got the ball on their own 25 and capped off a 11 play 75 yd scoring drive capped off with a 4 yd TD pass from QB Foster to WR White to retake the lead 24-21. The Chargers would try to answer the bell. After a touchback on the kickoff, The Super Chargers with future Hall of Fame QB Houk at the helm would attempt to drive the field. A key sack by the Buccaneers veteran DE Williams would make all the difference. The Chargers were able to get to the Bucs 20 yardline, but without any timeouts it was too little too late and the Buccaneers continue bouncing back from their opening week lose to division foe Atlanta.

The East is shaping up to be a good race in the AFC. Miami, New England and NY Jets all playing good and tied at the top with a 2-1 record.

Denver @ 3-0 continues to turn heads as they take sole possession of the tough AFC West with the San Diego loss. With a rookie GM I might add.

Whaaaaat? Baltimore tied for the lead with Cleveland in the AFC North @ 3-0?
Yes sir, and another rookie leading the way.

The Tennessee train rumbles to share the lead in the AFC South with Jacksonville @ 2-1.

Washington regains the lead in the NFC East @ 2-1. Dallas is 0-3 and has lost those 3 games by the total of 12 points. Thats gotta hurt.

With a heartbreaking loss to Detroit the Cardinals fall back into a tie with surging Seattle @ 2-1. The Los Angeles Rams GM DLegend resigned after the game.

Speaking of Detroit, they continue to motor along at 3-0 and a NFC North lead.
Chicago and Minnesota are on their heals @ 2-1 and after opening the season with two tough 1 point losses, the Packers get back in the win column and begin their pursuit of the Lions.

With their thrilling win over the Chargers, the Buccaneers jump into a tied @ 2-1 for the NFC South division lead with Atlanta who's rookie GM experienced their first Paydirt loss against Green Bay this week. Carolina bounce back into the win column. Don't expect them to go away that easily. They should be in the mix come seasons end.

Big Games Week 4:
Kansas City @ Miami
Jacksonville @ Minnesota
Green Bay @ Detroit
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Denver @ New England
Atlanta @ Oakland
Cincinnati @ Tennessee
Baltimore @ Cleveland

By Meatmen
1/07/2019 9:09 am
GG Miami. I see now that this season is going to be another exercise in MFN frustration. It may take the rest of the season but I will figure it out. REALLY disgusted right now. Good luck the rest of the way. MM

By Beercloud
1/07/2019 9:45 am
GG Seattle

The Rams need an overhaul. Very little talent and little to no cap space = bad situation.
I'd like to get over to the Giants but I might be on the Rams for a while. The Giants are in decent shape talent wise with exception of the secondary. financially.........not so much.