League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Season

By jgcruz
12/31/2018 2:53 pm
Warthog wrote:
GG Seahawkts. Can't believe my rebuilding Browns were able to upset the #1 ranked team to start the season.

And dropped 11 in the power rankings. Go figure.

By awest827
12/31/2018 3:54 pm
Warthog wrote:
GG Seahawkts. Can't believe my rebuilding Browns were able to upset the #1 ranked team to start the season.

I was actually expecting to lose after watching my team in the preseason. My team looks a lot like it did when I went 9-7 in my first season in version 4.3. Switching game versions doesn't look like it will help me in my first season in the new version. I doubt my team will even make the playoffs this year. I was lucky to even be in the game you had 23 first downs to my 4, and you doubled me in total yards.

By Meatmen
12/31/2018 4:14 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Meatmen wrote:
GG Chargers. Not much offense in this one. Your D came up big this week 2 safeties, 7 sacks, 2 Int's and a fumble led to a couple easy scores for you guys late in the game. We were sloppy and unable to get anything going! Good luck we will see you down the road.MM

Thanks, MM. My D was inexplicably good. Need to tweet the offensive game plan a bit. D-Line a bit banged up. Overall a good effort. I'm sure it will be different next time around. GL.

Will help if you tweet me that game plan the night before the game. LOL

By Wolveraider
12/31/2018 5:24 pm
Good game Denver.....No way I can get away with turning the ball over 3 times against a tough team and win...that said, you had a TD negated on a penalty....this was tight right down to the end.

By Beercloud
12/31/2018 5:53 pm
Paydirt Report: Week 1

Some close games to open the season. Choosing the Game of the Week was a tough one between Minnesota/San Francisco and Washington/Green Bay. There were some big games on opening weekend besides these two games. Kansas City/Oakland and Cleveland/Seattle just to name a couple. The defending Super Bowl champs go down in week 1 and last years undefeated team Tampa Bay also gets a notch in the loss column right out of the gate.

The rookie GM's faired pretty decent going 3-2 in the first games of their young Paydirt careers. Atlanta taking down Carolina was impressive along with Denver's win over the Raiders. Baltimore gets a nice win and Pittsburgh loses a close one to a tough Cincinnati team. The Giants were the only team to have a rough start of the rookies.

Week 2 Big Games:
Washington @ Tampa Bay (Battle Royale)
Carolina @ Detroit
Chicago @ Jacksonville
Seattle @ Green Bay (Battle Royale)
San Diego @ New England
Miami @ Denver
Cinncinati @ Cleveland (Battle Royale)

By jgcruz
12/31/2018 5:57 pm
Wolveraider wrote:
Good game Denver.....No way I can get away with turning the ball over 3 times against a tough team and win...that said, you had a TD negated on a penalty....this was tight right down to the end.

Looks like we have a ringer in Denver. Good opening act.

By CoachNorm
12/31/2018 7:34 pm
Beercloud wrote:
Atlanta taking down Carolina was impressive along with Denver's win over the Raiders.

You mean Arizona? :P

By Beercloud
1/01/2019 7:05 pm
Man I screwed that all up. lol

I meant Atlanta taking down Tampa Bay.
And Arizona taking down Carolina was big as well.

By Beercloud
1/01/2019 7:12 pm
Black Adder wrote:
Pre -Season favourites for the Bowl...your having a laugh Beercloud!

Only my predictions could jinx a former undefeated team. But we have a long way to go. Plenty of time to watch the cream rise to the top. Who ever they might be in 1977.

By jouameng
1/02/2019 1:14 am
Good Game Arizona!