League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Season

By Beercloud
12/22/2018 11:09 am
KC's LB Tony Sawyer watch = 2 tk , 1 sk in 19 plays.

By jgcruz
12/22/2018 11:14 am
Beercloud wrote:

He's still serviceable - not a total loss at all.

By jgcruz
12/22/2018 12:33 pm
Chargers rookie report:

QB Eric Young - Still learning the playbook as he's being groomed to replace all-time great QB Raymond Houk. Signed to a 6 year deal after being cut by Carolina, the former 2nd round pick has very good potential.

Line: 8-19-0 157 yds 1TD QBR of 89.14

RB Felix Butcher - He too is still learning the playbook and maturing as a complete running back. Yet, he was one of the league's players of the week in his debut. The 2nd round pick showed his speed and toughness when he broke a tackle on a 75 yd catch and run. He will be pushing the veterans for playing time this season and, barring injury, he is destined to become one the the Chargers' all-time greats.

Line: 8 rushes for 31 yds; 4 catches (in 5 attempts) for 113 yds and a TD

WR Jack Andrade - The 3rd rd pick seems to have be having some difficulty adjusting the to the pros. Appearing in 19 plays, he was targeted only one time and had no receptions. He has pretty decent speed and still will likely make the team - but he needs to produce more.

WR Rickie Tanksley - The 4th rd pick is actually picking up things better and farther along in his development than Andrade. Although not a barn burner, he has better than average speed and very good hands. At this stage, he is likely play more than Andrade.

Line: 2 catches (out of 5 targets in only 13 plays) for 13 yds.

Fortunately, the Chargers have depth at WR and can therefore afford the luxury of allowing both WRs Andrade and Tanksley an opportunity to further develop without having the pressure to produce immediately. Same for QB Young, with Houk being in only his 8th season.

By Meatmen
12/26/2018 12:18 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

He's still serviceable - not a total loss at all.

Tony Sawyer (LB) - After 3 preseason games in 56 plays sawyer has 6 tkls and 1 sack I'm a bit concerned about the 3 missed tackles and 3 of 3 catches allowed. He makes too much money as a back up. I have had a couple offers for him but I'm gonna hold on to him for a bit. Thinking he will make a solid back up and may have a few good seasons in him.His trade score dropped 2200 points so getting any value out of him right now is out of the question.

# 1 George Shipp (TE) - 4 rec for 41 yds in 6 chances. 0 Drops and 10 yards per catch 43 run blocks, only 2 pass blocks, he had a touchdown saving tackle after an interception in 79 plays. I'm fairly pleased with his development so far. The chiefs lost two original TE's to retirement last season. He will more than likely start right away as Veterans Mathew Zazueta and Joeseph Chaison lack his speed, strength and blocking ability. If he continues to catch 66% of the pass thrown his way and opens up holes for my backs I'll be satisfied until I can get another quality guy

#3 Cecil Hanning (CB) - Looks like he will mature into a solid player. needs more time. One of the few new players that gained in camp. He has only progressed to 50 of his expected 76 points so He will probably be CB 4 or 5? Still a marked improvement over Spears who has performed admirably but has been dropping in production and progress the past two years. I like my DB's faster....but with 72 spd and all his coverages in the 90's He could develop into a real find.

#4 Joseph Barber (FB) - Drafted as a RB his 56 spd was too slow I moved him to FB before camp. and it has paid off 4.3 yds per rush and 100% of his catches (8) for 83 yds, 6 pass blocks and 19 run blocks. I already have a FB who is doing well so He may spend some time at another position?

#5 Anthony Palmer(L/RT) - I am probably most excited about this guy although he needs more time. in 63 plays he has 36 pblks and 30 rblks the sacks and tackles allowed are growing pains. While originally a LG he has the speed and block to be a decent back up tackle. Seems to be a hustler that is in on every play and is only a 41/77.

#5 Jack Spillane (LG) - I liked this guy and his atts actually went up a point or two but I have a pretty good line already. His 62 strength was the main factor in my cutting him. He is now with Houston and hasn't seen any action.

Not the best draft I've ever had but certainly not the worst....We will focus on the positive and take the season one week at a time. The players got a well deserved day off today after shutting out a tough Carolina panthers team. Last years stingiest Dfense held the Panthers to 57 net yards and Zero points with 5 sacks and a fumble recovery. I let my young QB off his leash a bit and got some good results 12/25 for 240 yrds and 2 TD's. more importantly we dominated time of possession. YEAH, yeah.. I know it's preseason but it felt good. In week 3, my starters always play 3 quarters and I will rest most of them in anticipation of the Season opener with the AFC champion Chargers. Just wanted to give a shout out to jouameng and his Panthers for a GG. We're bringin the "Lovey Dovey" Bro all of us... all season long!
Last edited at 12/26/2018 12:19 pm

By Beercloud
12/28/2018 10:24 am
It's that time of year again.
Paydirt Associated Press presents the 8th annual Beercloud Predictions.

After a good 1975 year I really cocked up last years predictions. We will see how it goes for 1977. One thing is for sure, the annual Beercloud Predictions always comes with some controversy.

They will be up on the website later today. Also note that with opening kickoff landing on a Monday there is already an extra day(Sunday) to prepare so I won't delay the sim this year. And on top of that if I delayed it opening kickoff would then land on New Years day which would then push it back to wed. So we will roll as it is this season. Good luck

Last edited at 12/28/2018 10:25 am

By OffensiveTaco
12/28/2018 3:37 pm
Can’t wait........Should be a good one

By CoachNorm
12/28/2018 10:30 pm
Beercloud wrote:
It's that time of year again.
Paydirt Associated Press presents the 8th annual Beercloud Predictions.

After a good 1975 year I really cocked up last years predictions. We will see how it goes for 1977. One thing is for sure, the annual Beercloud Predictions always comes with some controversy.

They will be up on the website later today. Also note that with opening kickoff landing on a Monday there is already an extra day(Sunday) to prepare so I won't delay the sim this year. And on top of that if I delayed it opening kickoff would then land on New Years day which would then push it back to wed. So we will roll as it is this season. Good luck

Could you post the link when it’s up?

By Beercloud
12/29/2018 10:08 am
https://teambeercloud.wixsite.com/paydirt

Predictions are up.

By Androwski
12/30/2018 3:16 pm
Good luck to everybody this season! The Miami Dolphins are ready to give some trouble.

By Hellbringer
12/30/2018 3:19 pm
Beercloud wrote:

I don't see them?