League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Season

By Beercloud
2/06/2019 11:52 am
Wow it was a Wild........Wild Card Weekend.

Did not see Miami coming.
Green bay and Dallas come down to the wire.
Oakland narrowly nips Tennessee
Seattle and Arizona battle again in back to back weeks.

Great way to start the playoffs.

Side Note: The annual Beercloud predictions nailed it this season so far. Just sayin....lol
Last edited at 2/06/2019 12:16 pm

By Beercloud
2/06/2019 12:24 pm
jgcruz = send in your season end votes.
Your pm is disabled.

MVP:
Offensive player of the year:
Defensive player of the year:
Rookie of the year:
GM of the year:
Rookie GM of the year:

Voting Cut off is the Conference Championship game.

By jgcruz
2/06/2019 3:12 pm
Beercloud wrote:
jgcruz = send in your season end votes.
Your pm is disabled.

MVP:
Offensive player of the year:
Defensive player of the year:
Rookie of the year:
GM of the year:
Rookie GM of the year:

Voting Cut off is the Conference Championship game.

It's unblocked now.

By jgcruz
2/06/2019 3:24 pm
Wolveraider wrote:
Good game Titans!

That was a classic nail-biter....we get the go ahead TD and only leave 42 seconds on the clock and that was nearly too much time....I was sweating it watching you drive down to our 27 yard line...whew, saved by the bell.

This was a tight game statistically across the board.

Kudos to you for the turnaround in Tennessee...I expect you'll be a playoff regular.

Now the rubber match against AFC West nemesis San Diego...always a tough match up.

Perhaps the quietest but most intense rivalry in Paydirt, with the Chargers holding a 10-8 advantage all-time (including 0-2 in the playoffs).

By GrandadB
2/06/2019 3:38 pm
34-year-old 60 rated DE Timmy Camp put up 25 sacks the defense is average overall. They have a very good passing attack and you can’t sleep on their run game.

Thanks for pointing out Camp, awest, he's a great example of a player that is an "over-achiever" vs his default rating and key attribute values. He only has 57 speed, 14 accel, and 42 strength... and is a 13 yr vet this season. Normally, a DE with those ratings is not on my roster let alone starting. He does have 100 pass rush, and that is the only indicator of his performance level. My best guess is that 4.4 was a big factor, with QBs holding the ball longer on med/long passes. Camp had 5 sacks the previous season in 4.3, and 7 sacks the season before that. Those are not great sack #'s for a DE and I cant remember why I kept starting him and not replacing with a higher rated player, but he went off this season. Both Camp, and my other DE starter, King, were out for the WC game with Dallas, took a chance on resting/healing them up and hope it pays off.

By Duval
2/06/2019 3:43 pm
I appreciate the kind review. I attribute my success to two things. One, I put a plan in place of how I wanted to build the roster starting 4 seasons ago and a lot of the key picks really panned out, especially the db's. Two, asking other successful owners for information and advise on the smaller details of the game. Shout out to seth, tridewriter, Mcarovil, and of course yourself for the help along the way.

By jgcruz
2/06/2019 3:58 pm
GrandadB wrote:
34-year-old 60 rated DE Timmy Camp put up 25 sacks the defense is average overall. They have a very good passing attack and you can’t sleep on their run game.

Thanks for pointing out Camp, awest, he's a great example of a player that is an "over-achiever" vs his default rating and key attribute values. He only has 57 speed, 14 accel, and 42 strength... and is a 13 yr vet this season. Normally, a DE with those ratings is not on my roster let alone starting. He does have 100 pass rush, and that is the only indicator of his performance level. My best guess is that 4.4 was a big factor, with QBs holding the ball longer on med/long passes. Camp had 5 sacks the previous season in 4.3, and 7 sacks the season before that. Those are not great sack #'s for a DE and I cant remember why I kept starting him and not replacing with a higher rated player, but he went off this season. Both Camp, and my other DE starter, King, were out for the WC game with Dallas, took a chance on resting/healing them up and hope it pays off.

Camp's success might also be attributable to the facts that he's a 13 year vet at his position. Therefore, he has a high degree of knowledge (experience) about the defense in your playbook and offense in opposing playbooks to go along with his great pass rush moves..

I think knowledge of plays is one of the most misunderstood/under appreciated aspects of the game. For example, I've noticed that my most inexperienced lineman are the ones most likely to be described as missing a block even though they have good/great physical attributes (and 100% experience at the position). If that extrapolates over the entire roster, it stands to reason the your most inexperienced players are going to miss a play from time to time due to being out of position or misreading what's going on - while it's the opposite for experienced, but less physically gifted players.

Or Camp could just be the beneficiary of an extremely high percentage of favorable dice rolls. Quien sabe?

By Black Adder
2/08/2019 6:45 am
GG SEA,

We were only in this because of the Int`s we generated,we seemed to start every drive backed up near our own goal line.

Once our starting QB got injured,I knew the chance had gone,and straight away the back up threw a INT on his first pass.

Having said that,how much were you shouting/swearing at the screen on our final play Awest ?

https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/watch/2661#482071

Best of luck the rest of the way.
Last edited at 2/08/2019 6:52 am

By voegma
2/08/2019 7:03 am
Miami you just pulled my pants down and beat my *** so hard that I could not sit down for 3 weeks. Good Luck to you sir!

By Beercloud
2/08/2019 8:45 am
voegma wrote:
Miami you just pulled my pants down and beat my *** so hard that I could not sit down for 3 weeks. Good Luck to you sir!

lmao. My dad told me that so many times through the years, I still think about it before sitting down.. That and......... "I'll hit you with so many lefts you'll be praying for a right". lol