League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1977 Season

By Duval
2/08/2019 9:14 am
GG Green Bay. Both my leagues simmed today and it looks like my guys are moving in slow motion.

By Androwski
2/08/2019 9:15 am
voegma wrote:
Miami you just pulled my pants down and beat my *** so hard that I could not sit down for 3 weeks. Good Luck to you sir!

Good game man. I wasn't expecting to get a W on this one tbh. Everytime I play against you, I always came back with a loss in the bag.

I'm having some luck with turnovers in both PO's games, but my team is playing better than ever. Always used to choke when it's Playoffs time, I'm very surprised to play at this level and achieve the Conference Championship. Time to go against arguably the best team in the league, the Chargers.

By Beercloud
2/08/2019 9:27 am
Paydirt Report: Divisional Round

San Diego 13 Oakland 10 OT
What a game in San Diego. The Chargers and their division rival Oakland Raiders battled it out like two heavy weight fighters in a championship bout. Down 10-7 with 2:17 left in the game, the Super Chargers started the drive of their season on their own 16 yd line. QB and future Hall of Fame candidate Raymond Houk engineered a methodical drive down the field to set up a last second 20 yd FG to send it into overtime. Houk went 6 for 8 for 80 yds to keep San Diego's season from ending early in the playoffs. They would seal the deal in OT with a 45 yd FG by Gilberto Kidd to move on to the Conference Championship.

Miami 40 Cincinnati 7
Does anybody want to play Miami right now? For the 2nd week in a row the Dolphins gave the Tough AFC North a spanking they won't soon forget. Or quoting the Bengals GM voegma "Miami you just pulled my pants down and beat my *** so hard that I could not sit down for 3 weeks". Last week it was Cleveland that took the beat down with Paydirt's All-Time winning-est GM Warthog at the helm. The Dolphins move on to face the Chargers and are looking to keep this steam train a rollin.

Green Bay 16 Detroit 10
You just never know what's gonna happen once the band starts to play. Detroit had everything going their way all season as they stormed through the rest of the competition pretty much on cruise control. The Packers on the other hand, had to battle their way just to get into the dance. Everyone knew the Lions were gonna be the Packers biggest test and they answered the bell to move on to NFC's Conference Championship. Detroit went down 13-0 and for the first time this year they were the team that was battling back. They came back to make the score 13-10 on a 5 yd TD pass from QB Thompson to veteran WR Hayden. With 2:22 left at the point the Lions had to get the ball back to give their potent offense one more shot to try and win or tie it up. That chance would never come as Green Bay ran down the clock on a grinding 6 play 2:00 minute drive that was sealed by a 35 yd Beard FG to make it 16-10. Detroit was left with only :22 left in the game. Thompson would again connect with Hayden for 38 yds but with no timeouts left the game would end on the Green Bay 37 yd line.

Seattle 13 Tampa Bay 7
Seattle tops Tampa Bay to move on to face Green Bay in the Conference Championship. The Seahawks would use two 4th quarter Benton FG's to advance to the next round and send the Buccaneers packing to the off-season scratching their heads wondering, what is it that they have to do to take home that blackflys trophy. The same situation that the Raiders had to battle with before they finally broke through in which they finally made it to 2 Super Bowls back to back. Although they did come up empty in both attempts. The Seahawks made a late season surge to get into the playoffs and have a lil momentum on their side with two tough battle tested games in a row against Arizona and now Tampa Bay.

Conference Championships

Miami @ San Diego
Green Bay @ Seattle

Last edited at 2/08/2019 9:35 am

By Wolveraider
2/08/2019 9:48 am
Good game jgcruz/Chargers! Tough game right down to the wire, I wouldn't expect anything different.

There were so many pivotal plays in this game...bad turnovers, drive changing penalties, 29 yard fg missed. Your team rallied and got it done in crunch time.

Good luck the rest of the way, I'll be rooting for the Chargers.
Last edited at 2/08/2019 9:49 am

By jgcruz
2/08/2019 11:22 am
Wolveraider wrote:
Good game jgcruz/Chargers! Tough game right down to the wire, I wouldn't expect anything different.

There were so many pivotal plays in this game...bad turnovers, drive changing penalties, 29 yard fg missed. Your team rallied and got it done in crunch time.

Good luck the rest of the way, I'll be rooting for the Chargers.

Thanks, Wolveraider.

I love/hate to play you guys. Every game is a roller coaster ride. and you always seem to counter what I try to do. Both teams' defense really came to play and had their normally reliable FG kickers miss relatively easy shots. The game could have gone either way. I'll give credit to the home field advantage on this one.

Now on to the red hot Dolphins. Looks like they've hit their stride and will be tough. My defense is playing very well at the moment, but I'll need to generate points to compete in this one. GL, Androwski.

By greyghost1225
2/08/2019 12:31 pm
voegma wrote:
Miami you just pulled my pants down and beat my *** so hard that I could not sit down for 3 weeks. Good Luck to you sir!

Wow! I knew Miami was good, but thought Cincy would win it all this season, just Wow! Great job Miami.

By GrandadB
2/08/2019 3:39 pm
Great game Lions/Duval, we tried to fumble it away in the 4th qtr but were able to hang on and recover the onside kick attempt at the end, thankfully. Congrats on your season and winning the division.

By jgcruz
2/11/2019 1:38 pm
Congrats, Andorwski!

It's a bitter pill to swallow losing on a successful last second FG that was disallowed because of a penalty. Unlucky to the extreme this time around.

GL in the Super Bowl.

By Androwski
2/11/2019 2:02 pm
What a game and what an end. I couldn't believe that last play. My offense was shooting themselves in the foot in the 2nd half, and the Chargers' offense was starting to get hot in the 4th quarter. I was very lucky to get this win. Thanks for the congratulations jgcruz. If I want win the AFC next season, I already know that I'll have to go against you again.

A few weeks back, I thought I wasn't going to get in the Playoffs. Now here we are.

By DJSim22
2/11/2019 2:50 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Congrats, Andorwski!

It's a bitter pill to swallow losing on a successful last second FG that was disallowed because of a penalty. Unlucky to the extreme this time around.

GL in the Super Bowl.

That was an awesome game both of you! Yards were even at 317!

I lost once in the playoffs the same way, it totally sucks. No other way to say it.