League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Rule Porposals

By greyghost1225
7/08/2019 6:30 pm
If what you are saying is no midweek trading. You should have a big list of replacement owners for the ones that leave.

By jouameng
7/08/2019 6:36 pm
Proposal: Change Late Free Agency from 2 weeks to 1.

By Beercloud
7/09/2019 10:22 am
i will post up polls for both proposals at the start of the 1980 season.

note:
no debating in this thread. it must be done in the debate thread.

By CrazyRazor
3/15/2020 10:05 pm
Beercloud wrote:
Rule Change Passed and starts 1979.

Team owners must always have at least 1 first round pick showing on your future draft picks page.

I would like to propose a serious discussion on the clarity, phrasing, and changing of this rule. I have a major issue with forcing a GM to have a 1st Rd draft pick in one of two seasons for a period of 4 days. Especially when those 4 days are during a draft & trading is most active during that period of time.

I can completely agree with having a 1st Rd draft pick in one of three seasons before & after the draft. That 4 day window is too small to be affecting trading the way it just did.

By Beercloud
3/16/2020 11:54 am
This will go to vote on week 12

By dd35
3/16/2020 3:07 pm
Facts and Issue: The competition committee serves an excellent purpose to monitor the trading within the league. The goal of the committee is to ensure fairness of competition throughout the league and ensure deals aren’t structured in one’s favor to offset the competitive playing field. However, when a trade is in question, the competition committee votes in a closed door session and no feedback is provided about why a decision was made. This is problematic in the fact that the current system doesn’t create a shared understanding for all owners of deals that are acceptable and not. With transparency and feedback, in theory, we would create a league with less trade challenges because all owners will understand lines that can’t be crossed.

Rule Proposal: Upon making a decision regarding a trade challenge, each member of the competition committee must submit a justification for why he or she voted the way they did. These justifications will be sent to the Commissioner (Beercloud) who will publish them anonymously with the verdict in the forum post of the trade in question. The league Commissioner will then lock the thread so no further comments can be made.

By Beercloud
3/16/2020 3:55 pm
This proposal is dead in the water. GM's can already request this via pm or on the trade thread. Have you tried either of these methods?

The CC has never had a problem answering this request to date. If they haven't gotten back to your pm then contact either jgcruz or myself and we will try to contact them. No need to contact us on a request via the trade thread as I can see that.

This thread is for GM's to post their rules proposal only.
Debate or give your opinion in the rules debate thread to help keep this area clean.
Otherwise other proposals can get lost in the clutter. And they prolly wont appreciate that. It's always best to post your initial ideas in the Debate thread to get some feedback before jumping into the proposal section.

By CrazyRazor
4/11/2020 7:58 pm
May a propose a rule that bans/eliminates the use of the punt block exploit. We have a number of GM's in this league that use it. It isn't a signifier of a GM's ability to build rosters or gameplan. It's simply a way to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

I know this because I formerly used it and have had it used on me. I would love to see this come to a vote for next season.

Thanks,
CrazyRazor
Last edited at 4/11/2020 8:05 pm

By jgcruz
4/14/2020 1:37 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
May a propose a rule that bans/eliminates the use of the punt block exploit. We have a number of GM's in this league that use it. It isn't a signifier of a GM's ability to build rosters or gameplan. It's simply a way to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

I know this because I formerly used it and have had it used on me. I would love to see this come to a vote for next season.

Thanks,
CrazyRazor

How would you phrase the rule? Thanks.

By CrazyRazor
4/14/2020 11:39 pm
This is what I established in ANARCHY. You don't have to go by this, but it's a starting point for discussion in the Rules Discussion Thread:
CrazyRazor wrote:

If you run the punt block exploit, I will boot your *** out of this league. Idc how long you've been here. If you don't like that, then leave now.

CB's & WR's are only allowed to play the wing positions #1-4.
LB's are only allowed to play the wing positions #5 & #6.
DL are the only players allowed to play Rushers.

I will check rosters and I will check game film to see that GM's are abiding by the guidelines. If there is a line-up that does not follow the guidelines, the offending GM will be approached. If there happens to be a punt block during the season or playoffs because an illegal line-up got past me, the offending GM will be removed from the league without contact from the Admin.
Last edited at 4/15/2020 8:57 am