League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Rule Porposals

By marinarul10
4/15/2020 9:59 am
CrazyRazor wrote:

It's simply a way to gain an unfair advantage in the game.
Thanks,
CrazyRazor

Can you please explain why is it unfair? The way i see it is an advanced tactics available for everyone. All GM`s has equal chances to block a punt and also equal chances to defend against punt block....

CrazyRazor wrote:

If you run the punt block exploit, I will boot your *** out of this league. Idc how long you've been here. If you don't like that, then leave now.

This barbarian approach is a very simply way to kill the game, period.

Instead of kicking out GM`s from private leagues will be a lot better to find a proper solution to the problem ..... maybe open a vote on the general league to really find out how many GM`s are unhappy about the punt block ``exploit`` or are even willing to leave the game because of this and ask the main Admin to reduce or stop the punt blocked. Pretty sure something will be done if 25% of the GM`s might leave the game if nothing will be done.

P.S. Same thing should be done with the speed if is a problem or other issues like players playing out of position .

Kicking out GM`s because they use features available for everyone in the gameplan is a total nonsense .....
Last edited at 4/15/2020 10:00 am

By 50051139
4/15/2020 7:05 pm
i agree that it exploits the game quite a bit but ive still have beaten teams who have used it i dont agree with immediate termination

By CrazyRazor
4/15/2020 8:21 pm
Go through this league team by team & tell me how many teams have DB's and/or WR's with speed rating of 90 or higher.

I'll wait........

By CrazyRazor
4/15/2020 8:22 pm
After you've done that, you've answered your own question as to why it is unfair.

By CrazyRazor
4/15/2020 8:24 pm
My "barbarian" way of doing things pertains to my league. I've given each member a choice. If you wanna use it, do it somewhere else. It won't happen in my league without repercussions.

How is allowing a choice barbaric?

By setherick
4/16/2020 8:22 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
Go through this league team by team & tell me how many teams have DB's and/or WR's with speed rating of 90 or higher.

I'll wait........

This is a ridiculous statement. As I have said elsewhere, SP is the most important thing currently for DBs and WRs. The reason to collect them is to improve your offense and defense, not _just_ block punts.

There are two problems with a punt block rule:

1) The way weighs, default positions, and auto-sort work will put your best gunners in position to block punts. Your gunners should be the fastest players with the best tackle. When you auto-sort them, they will go to the wings (or to the middle of the line). This is just the way things are. If you want to prevent this, you have to override your punt return team to put DL in those positions. I'm not against it, but it's a pain in the ***.

2) Most punt blocks aren't a result of the exploit. They are a result of bad game planning by the punt team. The punt team doesn't have a punter. Doesn't have a good OL. Doesn't have a good punt protector. Etc. What's the difference in that case of a punt being blocked by a 90 SP DB and a 85+ SP TE? Nothing. It's just more likely to happen with the 90 SP DB.

So I will change my punt block team around to put all my best blocking TEs and FBs and RBs on the wings and on the line, and I'll block as many punts as having 90 SP DBs there.

The bright side here is that my PR average will probably skyrocket.
Last edited at 4/16/2020 8:23 am

By CrazyRazor
4/16/2020 8:42 am
setherick wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

I'll wait........

This is a ridiculous statement. As I have said elsewhere, SP is the most important thing currently for DBs and WRs. The reason to collect them is to improve your offense and defense, not _just_ block punts.

There are two problems with a punt block rule:

1) The way weighs, default positions, and auto-sort work will put your best gunners in position to block punts. Your gunners should be the fastest players with the best tackle. When you auto-sort them, they will go to the wings (or to the middle of the line). This is just the way things are. If you want to prevent this, you have to override your punt return team to put DL in those positions. I'm not against it, but it's a pain in the ***.

2) Most punt blocks aren't a result of the exploit. They are a result of bad game planning by the punt team. The punt team doesn't have a punter. Doesn't have a good OL. Doesn't have a good punt protector. Etc. What's the difference in that case of a punt being blocked by a 90 SP DB and a 85+ SP TE? Nothing. It's just more likely to happen with the 90 SP DB.

So I will change my punt block team around to put all my best blocking TEs and FBs and RBs on the wings and on the line, and I'll block as many punts as having 90 SP DBs there.

The bright side here is that my PR average will probably skyrocket.

I hope you're right. I'd love to have this theory proven wrong. That way there's something to take back to JDB. I've had great Punters, great Snappers, & great blockers, & still been blocked. So I see your theory as a fallacy until it is proven true.

I do not have a problem with GM's hoarding fast players. I have a problem with them using them in the wings & and on the line to block punts. They're designed to play the gunners.
Last edited at 4/16/2020 8:46 am

By setherick
4/16/2020 9:06 am
The problem is that they are gunners. The default depth chart is broken for SPT. I point this out back in 2015. It's still broken.

By Androwski
4/16/2020 9:19 am
Am I the only one who have not yet had a punt blocked against this season? And only 1 in favor.

I have no problem with a rule against punt blocks tho. My only concern would be that the CPU sometimes put random player in ST even if you don't have them in the ST Depth Chart.

By setherick
4/16/2020 9:23 am
Androwski wrote:
Am I the only one who have not yet had a punt blocked against this season? And only 1 in favor.

I have no problem with a rule against punt blocks tho. My only concern would be that the CPU sometimes put random player in ST even if you don't have them in the ST Depth Chart.

The AI will sub in your gunners, which will be your fastest players with the best tackle ... i.e. punt block crew.