League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Rule Porposals

By Wolveraider
9/28/2021 4:51 am
I'm in favor of the proposed positional/weight rules.

By CoachNorm
9/29/2021 7:32 pm
Wolveraider wrote:
I'm in favor of the proposed positional/weight rules.

Ditto.

By Meatmen
9/29/2021 7:50 pm
I also agree. The tough part is enforcement. Lets hash it out. I am starting a new rule proposal and debate thread for the 92 season. I feel the old threads are outdated and just adds to the confusion. I her you guys and I am with ya. I just want the 1991 s***show to be over................MM

By CrazyRazor
9/29/2021 8:07 pm
MVRowner wrote:
I would like to propose an experimental rule for the 1991 season. I propose the ability of using a linebacker as an defensive end ("edge rusher") on 3rd/4th down situations. Now rule, 6-7 clearly state that, "Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is a defensive lineman who weighs at least 276 lbs." and "LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S." My proposal is on all 3-4 and 4-3 defenses, users have the ability ONLY on 3rd and 4th down situations to use an override to position ONE linebacker to a defensive end. Hopefully this will prevent a season where a LB got 34 sacks* in an entire season but also at least provide a decent amount of pressure without having to call on a blitz in order to use a LB to go after the QB and leave one area open for a wide open receiver.

I will detail further in the rules debate if this is seconded and third.

* https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/player/7455

I'm against this. It'll leave too much opportunity for violations. We have enough to police already.
Last edited at 9/29/2021 8:08 pm

By marinarul10
9/30/2021 12:23 am
Against this rule, it will be very hard to follow and imo does not accomplish anything

By vcr5150
9/30/2021 10:51 am
I would be against the LB at DE rule. It would be tough to enforce/monitor and the rule is in place because there is a flaw with the game that gives way too much of an advantage for smaller/faster/quicker pass rushers. This rule exception would green light that flaw on the most important pass downs.

By Meatmen
10/02/2021 6:03 pm
vcr5150 wrote:
I would be against the LB at DE rule. It would be tough to enforce/monitor and the rule is in place because there is a flaw with the game that gives way too much of an advantage for smaller/faster/quicker pass rushers. This rule exception would green light that flaw on the most important pass downs.

I think that was an issue in the past. It was part or the reason why we have the limits we have now. It's an old exploit. Smaller faster guys on the outside yada yada yada....nothing new. I second (or sixth) this rule not be considered. motion carried..................................MM