League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By Androwski
11/23/2018 8:26 am
DJSim22 wrote:
Not happy about the firings, but it is what it is....

Go Dolphins.

I see you!

By Beercloud
11/23/2018 8:48 am
Awesome writeup awest827

By greyghost1225
11/23/2018 8:53 am
DJSim22 wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
Can the AFC West get their own sappy season thread? ;)

When you are in the Ferrari division of Paydirt, there are allowances made, don't worry the South will get there someday. You know when they have a team finish above .500.

Hey, I went 10-6 one year. ;)

So what happened with your franchise collapse after that.

Traded everyone away to rebuild.

Must have been around the time I started, 3 seasons ago.

Whatever Richard.

It will be ok everyone understands you have been rebuilding in the weakest division, someday you will get it. Keep your head up.

By DJSim22
11/23/2018 6:58 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
Can the AFC West get their own sappy season thread? ;)

When you are in the Ferrari division of Paydirt, there are allowances made, don't worry the South will get there someday. You know when they have a team finish above .500.

Hey, I went 10-6 one year. ;)

So what happened with your franchise collapse after that.

Traded everyone away to rebuild.

Must have been around the time I started, 3 seasons ago.

Whatever Richard.

It will be ok everyone understands you have been rebuilding in the weakest division, someday you will get it. Keep your head up.

To think it all started out as a joke with Cruz and Raider. It's all good, I stick things out regardless, instead of leaving 50 leagues after one or two seasons. Like I said, go Dolphins.

By greyghost1225
11/23/2018 8:04 pm
I am all good with joking and I actually think this whole thing is funny. It regards to be in 50 leagues, many owners will tell you, it normally takes me 3 seasons to get a franchise where it is viable both financially and starts winning, then I move on. There are a few I have stuck with that are actually worth staying in, this being one of them. It is pretty sad though that the AFC West record versus the AFC South this season is 15-1. Your division alone allowed 3 of our teams to make the playoffs.

Additional note: There is one team that I didn't want in the playoffs and that was the Dolphins, in my opinion with their defense they could win it all.
Last edited at 11/23/2018 8:13 pm

By Beercloud
11/23/2018 10:49 pm
Miami has two stud bookends. The best combo in the league right now.

By greyghost1225
11/24/2018 12:16 am
Beercloud wrote:
Miami has two stud bookends. The best combo in the league right now.

Yeah from the Denver view, these are the top 5 toughest teams we have played.
1. Miami- lost
2. San Diego- lost 2
3. Washington- won
4. Oakland- split
5. Kansas City- split

By Androwski
11/24/2018 8:03 am
GG Denver. Speed kills. I knew I would have some problems with my secondary but ****, your receivers were looking like Randy Moss out there. Good luck the rest of the way!

All my key players are young and will be back so we will give some trouble next season.

By Wolveraider
11/24/2018 9:56 am
Good game Jags.....Sooooo a game like this says less about our game/teams and more about MFN and catching the right sim at the right time. I was just on the wrong end of one of these sims in a LC game, one of my best teams, undefeated and got beat 73 -23. You just throw your hands up, "well...that happened". So much for gameplanning.

Congratz on a good season and divison crown.

By Beercloud
11/24/2018 10:06 am
The Paydirt Report: Wild Card Weekend

Denver 42 Miami 24
A big 2nd quarter propels the Broncos to the Divisional Round against division rival and #1 seed San Diego Chargers. QB Willie Lewis over came 4 Ints with 6 TD pass as the Denver offense put up 567 total yds. They had 5 turnovers in all and will have to clean that up when they face San Diego next week. This puts an end to an outstanding year for the Dolphins, who will be looking to repeat as the AFC East champions.

Oakland 51 Jacksonville 13
The Jags were no match for the high flying Raiders passing game. Oakland QB Shawn Curtis put up 606 yds through the air and 7 TD's. The Raiders go on to face the tough Cincinnati Bengals next round. Jacksonville will head into the off season with an AFC South championship banner.

Green Bay 36 Atlanta 17
The Packers ended the Falcons good season as the went up 24-7 in the first half and never looked back. Green Bay put up 578 yds through the air and their defense forced 4 Falcon turnovers. The Pack will travel to Seattle to face the Seahawks who are going into the playoffs with an 8 game win streak. Atlanta played tough all season and have a lot to build on going into 1977.

Carolina 36 Washington 31
Playoff football at it's best in the nations capital this week. A back and forth battle the started from the opening bell to the final whistle. Carolina used 5 Carlos Beard field goals including 3 in the 4th quarter to squeeze out a win against the defending Super Bowl champion Redskins. Washington opened the game with a monster 12 play 75 yd 7 minute drive. Carolina responded with a TD drive of their own and it was on. What is Carolina's reward? They travel to Tampa Bay to face the undefeated Buccaneers who are fierce division rivals. Two locomotives headed on a collision course. Who will stay on the tracks? Tune in next week........