Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Rule Porposals

By 50051139
5/03/2020 11:05 am
lol I swear you get a kick out of being rude

By CrazyRazor
5/03/2020 11:14 am
I get a kick out of being a smart ***. People allow me so many opportunities. (Sarcasm is a defense mechanism for stupid).

Not calling YOU stupid. Calling your concern for punt blocks stupid. It sounds like laziness to me.

By 50051139
5/03/2020 11:21 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
I get a kick out of being a smart ***. People allow me so many opportunities. (Sarcasm is a defense mechanism for stupid).

Not calling YOU stupid. Calling your concern for punt blocks stupid. It sounds like laziness to me.

Lol sorry if I refuse to be sucked into a debate that I personally have yet to seen any ground being made except to **** people off this aggressive behavior you've got going is doing little to help your case on these matters. At the end of the day its a game and I will keep it this way. Call me lazy but in my opinion I don't see it as a huge problem in this league. I'm not saying I haven't seen it used but the degree of which your trying to turn it into isn't my take.

By CrazyRazor
5/03/2020 3:28 pm
jgcruz wrote:
I have added 10. below to address punt situations.

jgcruz wrote:

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

Any deviation from this rule, as determined by a majority of GMs who vote, shall result in the immediate removal of the offending GM from the Paydirt Football League, who shall also be blocked from rejoining PFL for not less than 30 days thereafter.

Here it is. Plain as day. Still allowed to be a part of the play. Just not as Rushers.

By jgcruz
5/05/2020 11:23 am
Okay, gentlemen. Let's vote on the proposal that has been made.

Having said that, I have never set up a vote and need some guidance on how to do it. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

By CrazyRazor
5/05/2020 11:42 am
jgcruz wrote:
Okay, gentlemen. Let's vote on the proposal that has been made.

Having said that, I have never set up a vote and need some guidance on how to do it. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

New Poll

-Subject - (Voting on Player Position Allowances)

-Text- (Copy the Proposal Guidelines as Clearly as Possible)

-Options- (Yes) (No)/(In Favor) (Opposed)

Something like that

By jgcruz
5/07/2020 12:35 pm
Let's do this.

There are two proposals.

The first is to suspend Rules D), E) and F), below, which deal with the time frame during which a rule proposal may be adopted. The rule currently reads as follows:

A) Make a proposal

B) After a proposal gets a second and a third from different GM's it will go up for all league GM's to vote on it.

C) One GM one vote, majority rules.

D) Proposals are accepted after Pre-Season game 1 and before Week 15 of the regular season.

E) Voting will take place from Wild Card weekend til the off-week right before the Super Bowl.

F) This thread is for rule proposals and second and thirds only. (No debating or discussions)

G) Debating will be done in the Rules Debate thread to keep this thread clean.

F) Proposals will be up for vote for 7 calender days before being closed."

If suspension of the D), E) and F) is approved by a majority of voting GMs, we will vote on the actual proposed rule. Please vote now.

_____ Yes, suspend rules D), E) and F).

_____ No, do not suspend rules D), E) and F).

_____ Abstain

If the rules are suspended, please vote on the following proposed rule (vote even if you voted to NOT suspend rules D), E) and F):

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular season which deviates from the following:

1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE.

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is defensive lineman or LB.

7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S.

8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB.

9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB or S.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

Any deviation from this rule, as determined by a majority of GMs who vote, shall result in the immediate removal of the offending GM from the Paydirt Football League, who shall also be blocked from rejoining PFL for not less than 30 days thereafter.

_____ Yes, adopt the new rule.

_____ No, reject the new rule.

_____ Abstain

A majority of the GMs who cast a vote will determine whether the rule is adopted. For example, if only 3 GMs vote and 2 vote to adopt the rule, it will be adopted.

Voting shall remain open until the opening of training camp stage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

By CrazyRazor
5/07/2020 12:40 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Let's do this.

There are two proposals.

The first is to suspend Rules D), E) and F), below, which deal with the time frame during which a rule proposal may be adopted. The rule currently reads as follows:

A) Make a proposal

B) After a proposal gets a second and a third from different GM's it will go up for all league GM's to vote on it.

C) One GM one vote, majority rules.

D) Proposals are accepted after Pre-Season game 1 and before Week 15 of the regular season.

E) Voting will take place from Wild Card weekend til the off-week right before the Super Bowl.

F) This thread is for rule proposals and second and thirds only. (No debating or discussions)

G) Debating will be done in the Rules Debate thread to keep this thread clean.

F) Proposals will be up for vote for 7 calender days before being closed."

If suspension of the D), E) and F) is approved by a majority of voting GMs, we will vote on the actual proposed rule. Please vote now.

_____ Yes, suspend rules D), E) and F).

_____ No, do not suspend rules D), E) and F).

_____ Abstain

If the rules are suspended, please vote on the following proposed rule (vote even if you voted to NOT suspend rules D), E) and F):

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular season which deviates from the following:

1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE.

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is defensive lineman or LB.

7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S.

8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB.

9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB or S.

_____ Yes, adopt the new rule.

_____ No, reject the new rule.

_____ Abstain

A majority of the GMs who cast a vote will determine whether the rule is adopted. For example, if only 3 GMs vote and 2 vote to adopt the rule, it will be adopted.

Voting shall remain open until the opening of training camp stage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I should've been more clear.

There's an option to create "New Poll" above the thread. (Next to "Mark Forum Read" and "New Topic".

Sorry jgcruz :/
Last edited at 5/07/2020 12:40 pm

By CrazyRazor
5/07/2020 12:43 pm
You can copy & paste the proposals, but you'll have to enter in the poll options.

By jgcruz
5/07/2020 12:56 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
You can copy & paste the proposals, but you'll have to enter in the poll options.

My bad (I'll get the hang of it someday. :-) )

Polls are up.

Thanks, CR.