League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Rule Porposals

By jgcruz
4/28/2020 5:01 pm
I have added 10. below to address punt situations.

jgcruz wrote:
Following is the protocol for passing's rules. However, due to the potential adverse impact of certain tactics that tend to skew the real world realism that the game seeks to project, I am proposing to suspend Rules D) and E) which deal with the time frame during which a proposal may be adopted.

"A) Make a proposal

B) After a proposal gets a second and a third from different GM's it will go up for all league GM's to vote on it.

C) One GM one vote, majority rules.

D) Proposals are accepted after Pre-Season game 1 and before Week 15 of the regular season.

E) Voting will take place from Wild Card weekend til the off-week right before the Super Bowl.

F) This thread is for rule proposals and second and thirds only. (No debating or discussions)

G) Debating will be done in the Rules Debate thread to keep this thread clean.

F) Proposals will be up for vote for 7 calender days before being closed."

If suspension of the D) and E) is approved by a majority of voting GMs, the rule which I am proposing is as follows:

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular season which deviates from the following:

1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE.

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is defensive lineman or LB.

7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S.

8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB.

9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB or S.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

Any deviation from this rule, as determined by a majority of GMs who vote, shall result in the immediate removal of the offending GM from the Paydirt Football League, who shall also be blocked from rejoining PFL for not less than 30 days thereafter.

By CrazyRazor
4/28/2020 8:38 pm
Didn't see this until after my two comments in the other thread about the front four.

By CrazyRazor
4/28/2020 9:14 pm
jgcruz wrote:

jgcruz wrote:
Following is the protocol for passing's rules. However, due to the potential adverse impact of certain tactics that tend to skew the real world realism that the game seeks to project, I am proposing to suspend Rules D) and E) which deal with the time frame during which a proposal may be adopted.

"A) Make a proposal

B) After a proposal gets a second and a third from different GM's it will go up for all league GM's to vote on it.

D) Proposals are accepted after Pre-Season game 1 and before Week 15 of the regular season.

E) Voting will take place from Wild Card weekend til the off-week right before the Super Bowl.

F) This thread is for rule proposals and second and thirds only. (No debating or discussions)

If suspension of the D) and E) is approved by a majority of voting GMs, the rule which I am proposing is as follows:

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular season which deviates from the following:

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is defensive lineman or LB.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

Any deviation from this rule, as determined by a majority of GMs who vote, shall result in the immediate removal of the offending GM from the Paydirt Football League, who shall also be blocked from rejoining PFL for not less than 30 days thereafter.

I 2nd this proposal.

By Mcarovil
5/02/2020 5:28 pm
3rd. At a minimum let’s get the blocks squared away.
CrazyRazor wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

jgcruz wrote:

"A) Make a proposal

I 2nd this proposal.

By Mcarovil
5/02/2020 5:30 pm
I’d like to proposal another rule. The LA doesn’t need a 2nd and 3rs vote to institute a rule. Take a poll. Talk to current owner. Too much democracy here to be effective. Just do what’s right.

By 50051139
5/03/2020 7:56 am
Mcarovil wrote:
3rd. At a minimum let’s get the blocks squared away.
CrazyRazor wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

jgcruz wrote:

"A) Make a proposal

I 2nd this proposal.

the auto depth chart literally puts CB, FS, and SS in the rushers position i can understand removing WR but the other 3 im not understanding removing because all i do is literally hit the auto depth chart for the special teams page

By CrazyRazor
5/03/2020 10:55 am
50051139 wrote:
the auto depth chart literally puts CB, FS, and SS in the rushers position i can understand removing WR but the other 3 im not understanding removing because all i do is literally hit the auto depth chart for the special teams page

Do you set your entire team this way??
I bet you don't. I bet you take the time to put players where you want them.

What's the difference in moving a few more players out of a particular position?
No difference. Oh! Wait! It's a minor inconvenience. I forgot!

By CrazyRazor
5/03/2020 10:56 am
You ppl are very bad about keeping the discussion in the debate thread. FYI

By 50051139
5/03/2020 10:58 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
50051139 wrote:

What's the difference in moving a few more players out of a particular position?

Ima just laugh and keep on moving

By CrazyRazor
5/03/2020 11:02 am
50051139 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
50051139 wrote:

Ima just laugh and keep on moving

I found it funny as well!